Retrieving data using the SQL SELECT statement and using single row functions to customize the output
- /*…*/ and — are used to put comments in an Oracle program.
- The CREATE TABLE does not end immediately with a semicolon, and a column name cannot start with a numeric value. However, a numeric value can be used in between a column name.
- Name of a table cannot start with @ special character.
- Knowing about the GROUP BY clause.
Using sub queries and set operators to solve queries, as well as DDL statements to create and manage tables
- + (unary), – (unary), *, /, ||, =, !=, <, >, <=, >=, IS NULL, LIKE, BETWEEN, IN, NOT, AND, OR is the correct order of operators precedence.
General high availability technologies in 10g
- The ORDER BY clause sorts the records in ascending order and it comes last in the SELECT statement.
- The Online redo log files and the operating system flat file are used to store a copy of a data dictionary.
- RMAN can be used to take an incremental backup for tablespaces and data files.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- RMAN is used to migrate the database files from conventional file system storage to ASM storage.
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog are used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
- RMAN can be used to move database objects from a non-ASM disk location to an ASM disk group.
- The V dynamic performance view includes the status, the location where the block change tracking file is stored, and the size in bytes of the file.
New Features of Oracle 10g, Oracle 10g Installation, Server Configuration, and Maintenance of the Software
- Memory – 512MB, Temp space – 400MB of free space in the /tmp directory applicable for the Unix operating system, Swap space – 1GB or twice the amount of RAM, Free disk space – 1.5GB are the minimum hardware requirements to install Oracle 10g.
- The Installation Type list box is used to decide the type of installation.
- Oracle Management Agent (OMA) is a centralized administrative tool that is capable of administering the database server and an application server.
- The location (/u01/app/oracle) will be considered as the base of Optimal Flexible Architecture (OFA).
- The password file is used to authenticate the administrative tasks from remote locations.
- An Oracle 10g client can be used to connect to an Oracle 8i or 9i database by using the following syntax:
Q. What is the pre-requisite for taking the 1z0-043 exam?
A. The 1z0-042 exam is the pre-requisite for Oracle Database 10g OCP credential. Additionally, it also requires hands-on experience to obtain the credential. The 1z0-043 exam is meant for serious database professionals. Acquiring an OCP credential is a real professional accomplishment that requires training and hands-on experience.
Q. What credit it provides?
A. After passing the 1z0-043 exam, you will be Oracle 10g certified Professional (OCP) Also, you will be eligible
Q. What is the pre-requisite for taking the 1z0-045 test?
A. 1z0-045 is an upgrade test for all Oracle 8i OCPs (1z0-020). Therefore, to give 1z0-045, you must be 8i OCP. 1z0-045 is titled as Oracle Database 10g DBA New Features for Oracle8i OCPs. The best way to study for any certification is self-studying and getting hands on the software.
Q. How can I register for the test?
A. You can register yourself through the Oracle registered testing centers. After getting yourself registered for the test, you can contact the testing center to know the schedule (date and time) of your test. Oracle certifications can be taken only at authorized Prometric testing centers worldwide. The test date may depend on your choice (and availability of slot) in your selected test center. You may choose to register yourself online at Prometric Website .