What is OCA DBA (10g) certification?
OCA DBA (10g) certification is the most fundamental and entrance level certification on DBA track on 10g platform. Its objectives are intended to measure a candidate’s ability to work as a junior team member with Database Administrators or Application Developers. This certification is the first step towards the more advanced OCP – 10g certification. The certification requires the comprehensive skills in the following areas:
Robert G. Freeman is a Principal Engineer and Database Team Manager at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Salt Lake City, UT, USA. He has been working with Oracle Databases for almost two decades. Robert is the author of several books including Oracle Database 10g RMAN Backup and Recovery and Oracle Database 11g New Features. Robert is an Oracle ACE, and is currently the only residing ACE in the state of Utah, USA. When not working with Oracle databases Robert may be found flying around in his airplane, kicking in karate class or just hanging out with his wife, kids, 2 cats and a dog named Denali.
Robert is a co-author for following uCertify PrepKit:
1Z0-051: OCA: Oracle Database 11g-SQL Fundamentals-I
Deepak Jaisingh has 10+ years of technical experience in various industries like Banking, Manufacturing, Insurance etc. His expertise lie in Database and System Administration. His “Never Give Up” attitude is the reason behind all his success. He started his career in a small call center, then very soon he migrated to IT and from there on he never looked back. Oracle became his passion and his job, his obsession.
Deepak is an Oracle certified professional (OCP) and Sun Certified Java Professional (SCJP). He is currently perusing OCM.
Deepak is co-author and contributor for following PrepKits:
1Z0-042: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I
1Z0-043: Oracle 10g DBA Admin I,
1Z0-047: Oracle 11g SQL Expert
Bob Bryla is an Oracle 8, 8i, 9, 10g and 11g Certified Professional with more than 20 years of experience in database design, database application development, training, and Oracle database administration. He is the primary internet database designer and developer at Lands’ End in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. Bob works with PL/SQL and Oracle on a daily basis to support the back end of the world’s #1 clothing web site, landsend.com.
Bob Bryla Co-Author and contributor for following uCertify PrepKit
1Z0-052 OCA: Oracle Database 11g: Administration I
Configuring Recovery Manager
- The control file, target database catalog, and Recovery catalog is used to store the RMAN’s persistent settings.
- The alert log file is used to find out the values of the changed parameters at the time of instance startup.
- The NLS_LANG parameter must be set to specify the language, territory, and character set used in an application.
- CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY CLEAR is a command that will configure the retention policy to the default of REDUNDANCY 1.
- CONFIGURE is an RMAN command that configures an RMAN environment.
- The rman target/ command is used to maintain backup copies by connecting to the target database and returns the RMAN prompt to issue further backup commands.
- The redo files are opened after executing the ALTER DATABASE OPEN command on a database when it is in MOUNT mode.
Understanding Globalization Support