Q. What is the 70-562-VB exam?
A. This certification exam measures your ability to develop applications using ASP.NET in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Maximize your performance on 70-562, a required exam for the new Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 ASP.NET Application Development certification.
Q. What are the prerequisites for the 70-562-VB exam?
A. There are no specific prerequisites for this test, although it is recommended that planning to take 70-562-VB, exam should have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing Web-based applications by using Microsoft ASP.NET.
Q. What are the benefits to becoming a MCTS: 70-562-VB?
A. The benefits to becoming a MCTS: 70-562-VB are as follows:
- Microsoft products are most widely used today and the MCTS: .NET 3.5 certification proves expertise on the Microsoft products and technologies.
- Professionals holding the MCTS: .NET 3.5 certification enhances employment opportunities for programmers.
- MCTS: .NET 3.5 certification is helpful for professionals who have entry-level certifications in related technologies to upgrade their credentials and get recognition from the industry.
- MCTS: .NET 3.5 Certified professionals get special offers and discount on Microsoft products and other selected products from Microsoft.
Q. What credit does the 70-562-VB exam provide?
A. Exam 70-562-VB: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Applications
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): ASP.NET Developer 3.5
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): Enterprise Applications Developer 3.5
Q. What certificate does it provide?
A. Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
Q. How many questions are asked in the test?
A. You will be required to attempt approximately 45 to 55 questions.
Q. What is the exam fee?
A. The exam fee is US $125.
- Note: The net price for taking test 70-562-VB is US $125. Net price does not include applicable taxes, vouchers, promotions or membership discounts you may have. The exam is subsidized in India and China. The net price for taking test 70-562-VB in India and China is US $50.
Q. What is the duration of the test?
A. Users are required to attempt all questions in 120 minutes.
Q. Which type of the test is it? (Adaptive/Linear)
A. This test consists of Multiple Choice, Hot Area, Drag and Drop, Build list and reorder, and Build a Tree questions. The test can be adaptive and simulation questions might be asked. There are no Case study type questions.
Q. What is the passing score?
A. The passing score of the exam is 700 out of 1000 score marks.
Q. What is the test retake policy?
A. If you do not pass test 70-562-VB the first time, you may retake it at any time. If you do not achieve a passing score the second time, you must wait at least 14 days to retake the test a third time. A 14-day waiting period will be imposed for all subsequent exam retakes. If you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again.
Q. Why should I become certified?
A. Studies have shown that certified individuals realize many benefits. Among them are the following:
- Increased opportunities on the job: These opportunities range from increased salary and bonus to project involvement and promotion.
- Increased breadth of knowledge: Certification is a catalyst for learning new technologies in a structured and comprehensive way.
- Increased value to the organization: Organizations with 25 percent or more of their staff certified have shown to deploy projects on time and within budget more often, rely less on external support, have less downtime, and have higher user satisfaction with their IT staff.
Q. Is the 70-562-VB exam right for you?
A. The test is appropriate for you if you are working or want to work in a typically complex computing environment of medium-to-large organizations that use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Candidates for this exam use Microsoft Visual Studio in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Candidates should have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing Web-based applications by using Microsoft ASP.NET. Candidates should also have a minimum of one year of experience with the following:
- Database access by using Microsoft ADO.NET classes in the Microsoft .NET Framework
- Web services
- State management
- ASP.NET configuration
- Monitoring Web applications
- Application and page life-cycle management
- Security aspects such as Forms Authentication and membership and roles
- Internet Information Server (IIS)
Candidates should be very familiar with Visual Studio 2005 or later and the .NET Framework classes that are related to ASP.NET and ADO.NET. In addition, candidates should have a good grasp of ASP.NET AJAX.
Q. What are the code languages available for the 70-562 exam?
A. There are three code languages available for the 70-562 exam:
- Microsoft Visual CSHARP
- Microsoft Visual Basic
- Microsoft Visual C++
Q. What are the skills being measured for the 70-562-VB exam?
A. Microsoft has specified more than thirty objectives for the 70-562-VB exam, which are grouped under seven topics. Following are some important areas in which an individual should possess good knowledge before taking the 70-562-VB exam Continue Reading “Skills required for 70-562-VB”Â»
Q. How to prepare for the 70-562-VB exam?
A. We designed 70-562-VB preparation kit to help you get certified effortlessly. Now you don’t need to spend your time and money searching for study materials, books, etc., this VB.NET ASP.NET Application Development exam preparation kit contains everything you need to get certified. Just follow the instructions; focus on the study material and getting certified will be easy.
Don’t take our word for it; decide the quality of our PrepKit yourself. Download the trial version of the PrepKit now to get over 15 questions and 50 study notes, absolutely free. Once you are convinced, you can buy this PrepKit to get all questions and study notes. And of course, we trust our PrepKits so much that all our PrepKits are backed with full money back guarantee in case you do not pass the VB.NET 3.5 ASP.NET Application Development exam.
Q. Where to take the test?
A. You can register with a Prometric testing center. You can also register for the exam online at your local exam center or a regional contact center. (Prometric testing Centre).
Q. How can I register for the 70-562-VB exam?
A. You can register for the exam through a Prometric Test Center Locator at Prometric. You will have to go through a complete registration process, make payments and schedule the date and time for the exam.
Q. How to locate a testing center?
A. Please visit the following link to locate the testing center:
Q. How to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam?
A. Please visit the following link to schedule, reschedule, cancel, or confirm the exam:
Q. How to update personal information, viewing test history, etc?
A. Please visit the following link to update personal information, viewing test history, etc:
Q. What can I expect from Microsoft if I pass the 70-562-VB exam?
A. After passing the exam, you will achieve the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) status. You will also be eligible for the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCPD) and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist for Microsoft .NET certification.
Q. How long does it take to receive my Welcome Kit?
A. It will take about 30 days to receive your welcome kit after passing the exam.
|If you earn||You are eligible for||Information includes|
With your first certification (For example, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, where this is your first MCTS certification)
|Welcome kit (must be ordered from the Microsoft Certification member site)
Note: Microsoft is not able to ship welcome kits to United States embargoed countries.
|Additional certifications on your MCTS, MCPD, or MCITP||Certificate for each additional certification earned.||Downloadable certificate of achievement to print and frame or file. You can also order a paper certificate.|
|Charter Membership (available as promoted at launch of new certifications)||Charter Member certificate||Charter Member version of the standard certificate.|
|Additional classic or new generation exams that do not earn a credential||Exams will be listed on your transcript. However, you will not receive any updated information to view, print, or share your transcript.|
|MCTS: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008||MCTS: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005||MCPD: Microsoft Certified Professional Developer|