IT certifications are highly demanding, especially if you are starting your career, or switching your job. Every professional reaps benefits from IT certification and the payoffs may come in the form of an increased salary, a better job, added confidence, or additional skills to perform your current functions more effectively. Here we have brought a list of 5 trending IT certifications for 2019:
1. Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT): CGEIT certification is offered by ISACA. It is designed for those who manage, advise, or provide assurance services around enterprise IT governance. Due to the demand for professionals with these skills and the small supply of those who have them, CGEIT is the highest-paying certifications on the list these days.
2. AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate: The AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate-level exam is offered by Amazon. This certification is proof of an individual’s expertise in designing and deploying scalable systems on AWS. It is included in the top 5 certification for this year due to the market need for skilled and certified AWS solutions architects. This certification is in demand for several years showing the popularity and growth in cloud technology.
3. Project Management Professional (PMP): PMP was created and is administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI). It is the most recognized project management certification. This certification ensures skills and knowledge required for project managers to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close the project. It is important to mention that a new version of PMP with updated exam objectives will be released on March 26 this year.
4. AWS Certified Developer – Associate: New and important on the list for 2019 is the AWS Certified Developer – Associate certification. It validates skills in developing and maintaining applications on AWS, as opposed to designing the solution with the Solutions Architect certification. Earning this certification is the proof of ability to efficiently use AWS SDKs to interact with services from within applications and write code that optimizes AWS application performance.
5. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): This certification is offered by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)². As a vendor-neutral credential, CISSP is designed to validate expertise in computer security, including security and risk management, communications and network security, software development security, asset security, security architecture and engineering, and much more.
So, ready to earn IT certifications and add value to your career this year? Start your prep today with uCertify – an award-winning e-learning platform that offers interactive learning resources, simulators, exam based practice tests, and more for IT certification exams.