In this article, we will discuss the top IT certifications that you can add to your resume this year. The list goes from cloud computing, cybersecurity, and networking to project management. Cloud, Machine Learning, AI, and project management were among the top five most desired certifications last year. These certifications will continue to dominate in 2020 as well. Approximately 80% of IT professionals say that certifications are useful for their careers. The tricky part is deciding which area to focus on. This article will help you choose the right certification for you. Let’s have a look at the most demanded and highly paid IT certifications along with the average salary earned by these certs. We will discuss a few of them here.
- Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect (GCPA): USD 139,529
- Project Management Professional (PMP): USD 135,798
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM): USD 135,441
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect/Associate: USD 132,840
- AWS Certified Developer/Associate: USD 130,369
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure: USD 121,288
- ITIL® Foundation: USD 120,566
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM): USD 118,412
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC): USD 117,395
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): USD 116,900
Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect (GCPA)
This certification helps you gain an understanding of cloud architecture and Google Cloud Platform(GCP) so that you can design, develop, and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions to stimulate business applications. The certification assesses a candidate’s ability to analyzing and optimizing technology and business processes; managing and implementing cloud architecture and ensuring solution and operations reliability.
Project Management Professional (PMP)
This PMI PMP certification demonstrates that the certified professional possesses the project management knowledge, experience, and skills to bring projects to successful completion. As the demand for skilled project managers increases practitioners who hold the PMP certification are well-positioned to provide the professional skills necessary to lead project teams and achieve successful project results.
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
This certification will help you learn the Scrum framework and gain an understanding of team roles, events, and artifacts. The certification will help you:
- Expand your career opportunities by adopting Agile practices
- Demonstrate your attainment of core Scrum knowledge
- Learn the foundation of Scrum and the scope of the role
- Engage with Agile practitioners committed to continuous improvement
AWS Certified Solutions Architect/Associate
This certification is designed for individuals who perform a solutions architect role and have one or more years of hands-on experience in designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
AWS Certified Developer/Associate
This certification is for individuals who perform roles in development and have one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application. This also demonstrates an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
So, are you excited about earning these IT certifications and adding value to your career? Start your prep today with uCertify – an award-winning, e-learning platform that offers comprehensive courses that will help you prepare for these cert exams with its learning resources.